Let’s Change the World
Newman Student Housing Fund is a national leader in faith-based student housing. We unite with local Catholic campus ministry teams to build facilities where students can live out their faith on college campuses all across the country.
Our mission is simple: Building Communities. Changing Lives.
We inspire everyone who enters our doors to become the best version of themselves. People love our mission - and come to find out, they love working here as well.
We are a family-oriented team all working towards a common good.
We do not take ourselves too seriously.
What You'll Do
As a General Manager you will be responsible for overseeing the entire operation of a student housing community under the supervision of the Director of Operations. As a Property Manager you will manage all phases of the operations, including personnel, leasing, maintenance, financial, administration & risk management. As an onsite leader you will supervise all aspects of the property and staff to ensure compliance with Newman Student Housing Fund policies and procedures, safety and fair housing guidelines and liability concerns.
• Use consistent techniques to help screen, hire, train, coach and develop on-site staff
• Complete weekly/daily assignments
• Deal effectively and consistently with performance problems, document adequately, communicate with direct supervisor and HR
• Achieve the highest possible net operating income through effective cost control
• Maintain high occupancy levels
• Develop yearly operating budgets/forecasts
• Ensure property close out is completed on time
• Develop marketing plans and utilize marketing strategies
• Lead weekly inspirational and directional team meetings
• Effectively show, lease and move in prospective residents
• Ensure all administrative and leasing reporting is accurate, complete and submitted on a timely basis
• Maintain property appearance and ensure repairs are noted and completed in a timely manner
• Schedule vendors to ensure that all vacant units are kept ready for occupancy
• Maintain a positive living environment for community residents through prompt conflict resolution and consistent follow up
• Manage the financial performance of the property by overseeing rents, occupancies and expenditures.
• Supervise resident retention, renewal and leasing programs to maintain maximum occupancy.
• Oversee resident relations, which includes taking resident phone calls, requests and concerns.
What You Need to Get the Job Done
• A Bachelor’s degree in business; or 4 years’ experience in student/multi-family housing industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Skills in facility management, budgeting, analytical review of financials, leasing and marketing, supervision, business administration and public relations
• Strong project management skills with the ability to manage various programs simultaneously
• Strong organization skills and detail oriented
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Team player with high levels of professionalism, integrity, and enthusiasm
• CAM or ARM preferred
• Must have basic knowledge of Fair Housing Laws and OSHA requirements
What Will Make Us REALLY Love you
- You are enthusiastic and enjoy your work.
- You are bilingual
- You are awesome!
What You'll Love About Us
- Great Company Culture. We are a team. We work as one. We act as one.
- Work that Stays at Work. Genuine work/life balance served here!
- Rest and Relaxation. Paid time off and 11 paid holidays
- Health Benefits. Healthy People = Happy People.
An Equal Opportunity Employer--M/F/D/V
Because our team members are trusted to handle sensitive information, we require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired.