The Service Manager reports to a Property Manager and works to ensure apartment units and facilities for an assigned apartment community (less than 280 units) are in good working order and maintained to standards for MAA. Primary responsibilities include coordinating the maintenance team to ensure the repair and maintenance of property facilities and apartment units; prompt and courteous responses to service requests; an adequate supply of market ready apartments to meet leasing demand; property appearance which meets or exceeds standards. The Service Manager assists with hiring, training, and developing assigned staff which may include painters and/or landscaping staff.
As a property team member on-site, the successful candidate will embody and work to reinforce MAA’s Core Values throughout all aspects of MAA. Those values include:
• Appreciating the uniqueness of each individual
• Communicating openly and with integrity
• Embracing opportunities
• Doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons
Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervises and coordinates on-site maintenance staff, including hiring, training, and coaching. May oversee the landscape and housekeeping functions of the property.
• Receives, organizes, and prioritizes maintenance work orders. Performs services as requested by residents or preventative maintenance as required to keep equipment operating efficiently.
• Ensures that work orders are completed properly and promptly by repairing or replacing equipment personally or by coordinating the efforts of the maintenance team.
• Assists other maintenance staff with complex and/or labor intensive work orders to ensure jobs are completed safely and timely.
• Contacts and oversees vendors for work not performed in-house. Inspects and approves contracted work completed.
• Develops and maintains preventive maintenance schedule and assigns tasks for completion by maintenance staff.
• Coordinates service staff to ensure market-ready turns of vacant apartment units to specifications as quickly as possible to meet leasing demand.
• Monitors and regularly inspects the property, apartment units, landscape, and maintenance repairs for quality, readiness and safety. Identifies and addresses needs for improvement, repair and/or replacement. Operates a motor vehicle.
• Keeps the maintenance shop clean, organized and in good working order. May order necessary equipment, parts and supplies for the community based upon the maintenance budget.
• Communicates and shares information with property and regional management regarding overall property maintenance condition, status, and staff. Ensures maintenance goals and objectives are mutually understood and provides feedback. Ensures adherence to MAA policies and safety rules; complies with MAA policies for reporting incidents.
• Ensures the resolution of resident issues and complaints in cooperation with the staff.
• Works on-call as required by MAA’s 24-hour routine maintenance guarantee.
• Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
• High school diploma/GED and three to five years of experience in facility maintenance and/or mechanical repair required, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
• HVAC experience required
• EPA Type II or III or Universal license required; CAMT is required in Florida only
• Valid driver’s license from the state of residence required
• Supervisory experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Thorough knowledge of heating and air conditioning unit repair and maintenance
• General knowledge of the repair and maintenance of other household appliances, lighting fixtures, and plumbing
• Knowledge and skills to operate common and specialized tools for repairs and maintenance
• Ability to visually inspect units, grounds, and other aspects of the property to determine adherence to standards
• Supervisory and leadership skills to delegate and guide the work activities of others
• Skill and ability to clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing
• Knowledge and skills to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines
• Customer service and problem-solving skills
• Ability to read, interpret and apply written instructions for repair and maintenance of equipment
• Attention to details
• Basic computer/technical skills to operate mobile computing or communications devices
Physical and Environmental Requirements
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, bend, walk use hands and fingers to control objects, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, and hear. The associate must be able to lift 25 pounds individually and up to 50 pounds with assistance devices (dollies, hand trucks, additional persons).
• Must be able to see and read to complete forms, read reports, and visually determine the correct working order of physical aspect of units and other property facilities. Frequently needs to see small details.
• While performing the duties of this job the associate primarily works in an outdoor environment exposed to adverse weather conditions as well as dirt and/or dust.
Visit www.maac.com to apply online.
Drug Free Workplace