General Responsibilities & Functions:
- Conduct installation, modification, replacement, and preventative maintenance for all quality plant production and support equipment and facilities through the use of maintenance personnel and outside contractors when required.
- Assist Production Unit Manager with process issues in TPE and Pentaject areas.
- Understand and implement the health, safety, and environmental policies and to integrate health, safety, and environmental considerations into daily work activities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Receives instructions and direction from Lead Tech, Maintenance Supervisor, and other staff as directed by Maintenance Supervisor.
- Level II Tech must be willing to change shift with one day notice
- Help Improvement and Supports Preventative Maintenance programs
- Provides complete information in E-pac and on PM list
- Help Control Inventory and Help with E-pac Inventory
- Trouble shoot and repair equipment as required to meet 93% equipment availability goals
- Fabricate repair parts and Engineering tooling to improve production equipment
- Provides recommendations to improve equipment availability based on break down, observation and trouble shooting
- Installation of new equipment/cells (includes electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic hook up)
- Identifies and Provides recommendations for reoccurring failures
- Other duties assigned, as necessary.
- Level II Tech to perform all duties as assigned with minimum supervision
- Obtain information from Maintenance Tech III
- Assist in training of Level I Tech
- Participate in specialized training such as Green Belt training, forklift training and lockout/tag out procedure
- Must understand and adhere to all health, safety and environmental policies and integrate health safety and environmental considerations into daily work activities
- Must be a Proactive Team Member
- Must have knowledge of Pneumatic & Hydraulic actuators
- Must have metal fabrication skills and knowledge of associated equipment (Mill, Lathe, Drill Press, Welding)
- Must have basic electrical knowledge (24V DC, 208 VAC, 220 V AC, 480V AC)
- PLC knowledge of how to troubleshoot sensors and valves
- PLC knowledge as plus (Allen Bradley, RS Logics, RS Links, Omron)
- Must be able to read Electrical, Pneumatic, and Hydraulic schematics
- Must have good trouble shooting skills and effective time management skills
- Must be able to meet physical requirements of the job (standing for long periods, lifting up to 40 pounds, etc.)
- Must be able to read and write in English to provide necessary feedback and prepare documentation/records
- Must have awareness of all aspects of plant safety. Including OSHA Standards
- High school diploma required, Associates Degree preferred or equivalent industry experience
- Weekend OT and Plant shutdown hours are required as needed
- Willingness to find and obtain training outside of Company
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must obtain a Forklift license and Scissor Lift license within 60 days of hire date
WHAT CANDIDATES SAY ABOUT THIS RECRUITER:
Very professional, flexible on my schedule, perfect follow up & spoke very professionally. Great over all service!
Larry, Sales Manager in the Chicago Area