The Addison on Long Bayou, is seeking a skilled Maintenance Technician and Porter / Groundskeeper for its 247-unit apartment community in Seminole Florida. The perfect candidates will be reliable, energetic, and comfortable working in a busy and physical work environment. Great Salary/benefits, and bonus structures. Employee rent discounts offered at 50%.
Maintenance Technition: HVAC & CPO Certified Candidates ONLY please!!
ContraVest Management Company, an Accredited Management Organization, is seeking a Maintenance Technician in the St. Petersburg area. The Addison on Long Bayou is an A+ grade, BRAND NEW apartment community. The perfect candidate will possess excellent plumbing, electrical, carpentry skills as well as be highly organized and able to prioritize work orders. CPO and HVAC certifications are required. Must be able to share “call” duty for nights and weekends.
• Maintain the property in a safe, attractive and comfortable condition
• Maintains relationships with staff members, current and prospective residents, and contractors working on the property.
• Satisfies service requested following company procedures
• Assists with apartment make-ready procedures
• Makes regular inspections of grounds, buildings, plumbing, electrical fixtures, appliances, and major equipment
• Makes repairs as necessary or recommends to Maintenance Supervisor replacement of items
• Takes on-call emergency or weekend duty
• Becomes thoroughly acquainted with power, water, and gas turn-offs, clean-out traps, fire extinguishers, and fire hydrants
• Becomes thoroughly acquainted with emergency agency telephone numbers and company emergency procedures
• High School Diploma or GED
• 2 to 5 years related experience and/or training
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
• Good communication skills with correct business English, grammar, spelling and vocabulary
• Calculate figures and amounts
• Solve practical problems in a variety of situations and interpret instructions
• Excellent plumbing, electrical, and carpentry skills
• Highly organized and able to prioritize work orders
• CPO and HVAC certifications required
Porter / Groundskeeper
As the Porter / Groundskeeper, you will keep the grounds and common areas of property clean and attractive. You may be asked to do initial clean outs of apartments according to standards set by the Community Director, in preparation for new residents. In addition, may be asked to do light maintenance tasks.
· Maintains relationships with other staff members, current and prospective residents, and contractor laborers working on the property.
· Picks up litter on grounds.
· Replaces light bulbs for outside lighting.
· Pressure washes sidewalks and buildings as directed.
· Installs / maintains fences and gates.
· Assists in the inventory of grounds and cleaning supplies.
· Maintains common area facilities and landscaping when necessary.
· Waters lawn, shrubs, and flowers, as needed.
· Paints exterior of buildings as required.
· Assists with emergency maintenance as needed.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· 1 to 3 months related experience
· Correct business English, grammar, spelling and vocabulary.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memorandums
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure
· Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.