The Service Technician is responsible for performing repairs and preventative maintenance in the apartment community as directed by the Service Manager and/or Resident Manager.
- Complete repairs on the following on a daily basis: electrical, plumbing, HVAC and heating systems, appliances, flooring, windows and window treatments, roofing, guttering, fireplaces, ceiling fans, walls and ceilings, locks, stairs, railing, and any other physical structures on the property as needed.
- Perform any necessary maintenance in the office, clubhouse, models, pool, etc.
- Be alert to physical problems seen in the course of work and notify the Service Manager of any repair work needing an outside contractor.
- Be aware of all emergency cutoffs.
- Maintain a schedule of periodic/preventative maintenance for the property.
- Perform corrective maintenance tasks in an effort to avoid replacement costs.
- Ensure that the property is clean and free of debris.
- Be aware of the condition of the property and immediately notify Service manager of or correct unsafe conditions, i.e. broken steps, burned out lights, etc.
- Inform Service Manager of all areas where the property is operating below Company standards or property's potential.
Complete Resident Service Requests
- Pick up daily service requests from Service Manager or Resident manager and prioritize according to urgency.
- Complete service requests in occupied units in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Be alert to any other potential problems in occupied units (fix if small, or report to manager).
- Leave a completed work order form or a note in all apartments entered.
- Clean up any debris caused by maintenance work. Do not use personal items belonging to resident for cleanup.
- Record time spent in each unit on the service request.
- Respond to and complete after-hours service requests during the scheduled on-call period.
Maintain high levels of resident satisfaction for Move-In/Market Ready
Assist the Service Manager in adhering to budget and maintaining inventory.
Perform other duties as assigned by Service Manager, Resident Manager, or Regional Manager.
Experience and Education:
- Three to six months related experience and/or training; or one year certificate from college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
As required: HVAC Certification, EPA Certification, Pool Certification